An earlier restriction obliged catering institutions to shut doorways at 1:00 on the vacation night.
The Cabinet of Ministers has allowed eating places and cafes to stay open till 7:00 on New Year’s night – from December 31 to January 1.
That’s in accordance to Government Decree No. 1301 of December 23.
Earlier, a quarantine-associated restriction was imposed, obliging catering institutions to shut doorways at 1:00 at night.
Prior to the most recent announcement, chief of the Food and Consumer Service’s Kyiv department Oleh Ruban claimed prolonged working hours in cafes and eating places on a vacation night wouldn’t lead to a spike in COVID-19 incidence.
Read alsoUkraine in world’s TOP 20 countries with largest number of COVID-19 casesMeanwhile, quite a lot of European nations have launched robust lockdown measures overlaying the vacation interval, together with Italy, Germany, and the Netherlands.
Quarantine in Ukraine: Latest
From December 19, new quarantine restrictions apply throughout Ukraine.
The newly adopted bans apply to:
- Events in instructional amenities (performances, celebrations, live shows) with taking part kids from multiple group/class and viewers;
- Festivities, banquets, workshops, public occasions in leisure and catering institutions;
- Museums, exhibitions, galleries, and so on., if there’s multiple customer per 10 sq. meters;
- Catering institutions – from 23:00 to 7:00 (aside from supply and take-out). Settlement transactions shall be terminated at 22:00. On New Year’s night eating places and cafes can be allowed to stay open till 01:00; and
- Religious occasions in indoor settings with multiple particular person per 5 sq. meters; and in out of doors settings if the 1.5-meter social distancing rule will not be noticed.
The authorities is ready to introduce a more durable lockdown throughout Ukraine from January 8 to January 24, 2021.