Ruchika M Khanna and Vijay C Roy
Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, March 8
Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Monday introduced the state funds with an outlay of Rs 1,68,015 crore for the monetary 12 months 2021-22 within the state meeting.
Badal tabled the final funds of the Amarinder Singh-led authorities. The meeting elections are due early subsequent 12 months.
The authorities will waive Rs 1,186 crore of 1.13 lakh farmers and Rs 526 crore of landless farmers within the subsequent section, below the crop mortgage waiver scheme in 2021-22, as per the funds speech.
Badal additionally introduced to increase old-age pension from Rs 750 per thirty days to Rs 1,500 per thirty days.
He additionally introduced a rise within the quantity below the Shagun scheme from Rs 21,000 to Rs 51,000. –with PTI
The funds comes at a time when Punjab’s per capita social sector spending is the fourth lowest amongst main states.
Rs 90 crore for Punjabi University’s debt; Post Matric Scholarship scheme
- Rs 432 crore allotted for establishing Interfaith Institute at GNDU
- Rs 750 crore put aside for giving scholarships to 2 lakh college students below Post Matric Scholarship scheme.
Subsidised electrical energy to business
- FM earmarks Rs 1,928 crore throughout 2021-22 for subsidised electrical energy
- FM proposes OTS coverage for interest-free mortgage defaulters (business) supplied they fulfil sure circumstances
Punjab Sugarcane Research Development Institute to come up in Kalanaur; Gurdaspur and Batala sugar mills to be upgraded; and, Rs 300 crore to be put aside for purchasing sugarcane
A multi-speciality veterinary hospital introduced at Fazilka
29 new schemes for enhancing canal methods
- Rs 897 crore proposed for strengthening the canal irrigation system
250 faculties to be upgraded, Rs 100 cr for smartphones for twelfth class college students
- Rs 140 crore allotted for digital training
- Rs 100 crore allotted to present smartphones to college students of class XII
- Fitness parks to be arrange in all authorities faculties and playgrounds.
- Rs 100 crore for up-gradation of Government Colleges, introduced
- Rs 1064 crore allotted for GNDU, Punjabi University, PAU, Rajiv Gandhi National Law college
Agri schemes to mitigate threat of horticulture farmers, crop diversification
AAP phases walkout
AAP MLAs storm the properly of the House saying that the Congress authorities has elevated the debt of the state by over Rs 70,000 crore
New umbrella programme ‘Kamyaab Kisan Khushaal Punjab’ launched
- Under this scheme, Rs 3,780 crore to be spent within the subsequent three years and Rs 1,104 crore allotted for 2021-22.
- A centre of excellence for greens to be arrange at Fazilka; a post-graduate institute of horticulture analysis to be arrange at Amritsar; cell merchandising carts to be supplied to farmers.
Govt proposes to lengthen the GST incentives to October 17, 2022 to appeal to funding
- Earlier any utility submitted earlier than March 31, 2020 was relevant
Punjab Sahit Ratan award cash elevated from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 20 lakh
- The pension of the Punjabi writers elevated from Rs 5,000 to Rs 15,000
The fifteenth Finance Commission introduced Punjab’s case properly and elevated devolution by 0.23 p.c, which is able to translate Rs 1500 crore extra devolutions this 12 months: FM
Freedom fighter pension elevated from Rs 7,500 to Rs 9,500
Two technical faculties to be upgraded to universities
A brand new scheme for monitoring water high quality for arsenic affected villages
Punjab govt to waive farm loans, present energy subsidy
- Loans price Rs 1,186 crore of 1.13 lakh farmers and Rs 526 crore of landless farmers in 2021-22 to be waived
- Rs 7,180 crore to go as free energy subsidy for farmers
Proposed Rs 150 core for Punjab Innovation fund
- Fund to put money into early-stage start-ups, authorities’s participation within the fund can be a most of 10 per cent of the corpus: FM
- All districts to have district bureau of business & funding promotion places of work. In the primary section Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, SAS Nagar, Patiala and Bathinda can be lined
Rs 100 crore museum on Baba Sahib Ambedkar to be arrange in Kapurthala
Old age pension elevated to Rs 1500: FM
Government to improve the allocation below The Aashirwad scheme from Rs 21,000 to Rs 51,000: PM
In all authorities buses, ladies will journey totally free: FM
FM Badal declares two new medical faculties and hospital
- The faculties can be arrange at Kapurthala and Hoshiarpur, entailing an expenditure of Rs 650 crore.
- A unit of Tata Memorial Hospital at Mullanpur to be accomplished utilizing Rs 450 crore
- Virology centres can be arrange on the Government Medical College Amritsar and the National Institute of Virology at Mohali.
Eight new maternal and youngster well being wings
- The wings can be arrange in subdivisional hospitals at Talwandi Sabo, Nabha, Patti, Dera Bassi Muktsar, Gurdaspur, Bhawanigarh and Raikot.
- Rs 92 crore allotted for up-gradation of Government Medical College, Patiala
Badal presents the final Budget of the current Capt Amarinder Singh authorities
- Budget dimension is Rs 1,38,015 crore
- The state’s debt has risen to Rs 2,73,730 crore, with the debt to GSDP ratio of an unprecedented Rs 45.05 crore
The sixth pay fee for workers to be applied from July 1 this 12 months.
The report to be submitted earlier than March 31. The arrears can be given in instalments and Rs 9,000 crore has been put aside for a similar.
Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh chairs a cupboard assembly forward of the funds presentation within the state.
Chairing the Cabinet assembly earlier than the presentation of our Budget for 2021-22. pic.twitter.com/wbUyyaVgY5
— Capt.Amarinder Singh (@capt_amarinder) March 8, 2021
Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Badal leaves his residence forward of presenting the state funds 2021-22 within the Vidhan Sabha.