Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, March 17
The much-awaited assembly between Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh and former Cabinet Minister Navjot Singh Sidhu lastly passed off on the former’s farmhouse in Siswan at the moment. This was the second assembly between the 2 leaders previously 4 months after Sidhu resigned from the Cabinet in 2019.
Though there was no formal announcement by the Chief Minister’s Office on Sidhu’s future within the social gathering, it’s learnt that the Chief Minister and Sidhu did talk about the opportunity of the latter’s re-induction into the Cabinet however nothing concrete got here out. “Whether Sidhu has agreed to the offer or not is yet to be seen,” sources within the social gathering stated.
The assembly over tea occurred for practically 45 minutes, earlier than Sidhu left together with Sports Minister Rana Gurmit Sodhi. After the assembly, Sidhu, in his typical encrypted one-liners, tweeted, “Azad raho vicharoan se lekin raho sanskaron se… tankee aas aur vishwas rahe kirdaroan pe”.
Punjab affairs in cost and AICC basic secretary Harish Rawat, who has been instrumental in pushing for Sidhu’s return to energetic social gathering politics, was not current within the assembly. Sources stated Sidhu’s re-induction ought to occur earlier than the top of the month earlier than he leaves for campaigning in West Bengal. It is learnt that the Chief Minister may have a phrase with the social gathering excessive command earlier than making any formal announcement on Sidhu. The appointment of Sidhu as PPCC president or elevating him because the deputy chief minister is being dominated out by social gathering sources near the Chief Minister.
Refusing to share particulars, Sodhi stated the assembly passed off in a cordial ambiance. The two leaders are on the identical web page for the sake of the state and social gathering, he added.
CM to seek the advice of excessive command
- Sources say Navjot’s re-induction into the Cabinet ought to occur earlier than the top of the month earlier than he leaves for campaigning in West Bengal
- It is learnt that the CM may have a phrase with the social gathering excessive command earlier than making any formal announcement on Sidhu
- The appointment of Sidhu as PPCC president or elevating him because the Deputy CM is being dominated out by social gathering sources near the CM
Wilfe says MLA not in politics for any submit
- Navjot Singh Sidhu’s spouse Navjot Kaur Sidhu on Wednesday stated her husband was not after any submit however solely needed to serve the folks of the state
- Navjot stated she and her husband weren’t in politics for any perks. “Otherwise, he could have been a Union Minister,” she claimed, referring to his resolution to stop the ruling BJP in 2016 PTI