Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, March 17
The much-awaited assembly between Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh and former Cabinet Minister Navjot Singh Sidhu lastly came about on the former’s farmhouse in Siswan right this moment. This was the second assembly between the 2 leaders prior to now 4 months after Sidhu resigned from the Cabinet in 2019.
Though there was no formal announcement by the Chief Minister’s Office on Sidhu’s future within the occasion, it’s learnt that the Chief Minister and Sidhu did talk about the opportunity of the latter’s re-induction into the Cabinet however nothing concrete got here out. “Whether Sidhu has agreed to the offer or not is yet to be seen,” sources within the occasion mentioned.
The assembly over tea occurred for almost 45 minutes, earlier than Sidhu left together with Sports Minister Rana Gurmit Sodhi. After the assembly, Sidhu, in his typical encrypted one-liners, tweeted, “Azad raho vicharoan se lekin raho sanskaron se… tankee aas aur vishwas rahe kirdaroan pe”.
Punjab affairs in cost and AICC basic secretary Harish Rawat, who has been instrumental in pushing for Sidhu’s return to energetic occasion politics, was not current within the assembly. Sources mentioned Sidhu’s re-induction ought to occur earlier than the top of the month earlier than he leaves for campaigning in West Bengal. It is learnt that the Chief Minister could have a phrase with the occasion excessive command earlier than making any formal announcement on Sidhu. The appointment of Sidhu as PPCC president or elevating him because the deputy chief minister is being dominated out by occasion sources near the Chief Minister.
Refusing to share particulars, Sodhi mentioned the assembly came about in a cordial ambiance. The two leaders are on the identical web page for the sake of the state and occasion, he added.
CM to seek the advice of excessive command
- Sources say Navjot’s re-induction into the Cabinet ought to occur earlier than the top of the month earlier than he leaves for campaigning in West Bengal
- It is learnt that the CM could have a phrase with the occasion excessive command earlier than making any formal announcement on Sidhu
- The appointment of Sidhu as PPCC president or elevating him because the Deputy CM is being dominated out by occasion sources near the CM
Wilfe says MLA not in politics for any submit
- Navjot Singh Sidhu’s spouse Navjot Kaur Sidhu on Wednesday mentioned her husband was not after any submit however solely needed to serve the folks of the state
- Navjot mentioned she and her husband weren’t in politics for any perks. “Otherwise, he could have been a Union Minister,” she claimed, referring to his determination to give up the ruling BJP in 2016 PTI